Friday 27 May 2011

How I lost over 40 pounds

I have been trying to work out why I have been successful with this weight loss campaign whereas previous efforts - for the past 20 years or so - have all failed or fizzled out. I have lost 3 stone, 42 pounds or 19 kg since January 2011 when I started dieting.  Here are the reasons I've come up with.

  • I booked a summer holiday and I want to look good and feel good for that.
  • Time is passing: children are growing up and moving away.  Special events together are becoming rarer and I want to enjoy them and the memory of them.
  • I am using my 'weight loss journey' as an opportunity to treat myself.  I eat well (but less), exercise with activities I enjoy and reward myself  frequently!
  • My 'weight loss journey' / diet and exercise programme are really lifestyle changes.  I love my new lifestyle so I know it works!
  • I ignore the crap - the doubters, the disheartening and unkind comments, the traps that can be so easy to fall into.  I listen to people who know what I'm going through such as Spark People and to friends and family who encourage me.
  • I want more from life and I am determined to follow my dreams.
  • I love looking better in the mirror and finding some clothes I love rather than stuff I just use to cover up with.
When I started back in January I didn't really believe I'd get this far.  I still have some weight to lose, but I'm confident that it won't be a problem, although I'm sure there will be hiccups.  Here are 2 more lists.  One has my current favourite food and drink and the other the exercise I enjoy and that is working for me! 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment