Tuesday 17 May 2011

The food that has made my diet work!

These are some of the things that have kept me going on my diet.
I love spicy food and my favourite meal is Thai Green Curry.  I didn't expect Asda lunch pots to be very good, but I thought I'd try them anyway, and I think they're absolutely FAB!!!
I eat a couple for lunch at work each week, as well as sometimes at home.  With 322 calories and around 6g fat a pot I feel I'm eating a proper meal which fills me up and doesn't over-do things!

I also like the Asda Chicken Miso soup (260 calories) and am about to try their Special Fried Rice (299 calories).    The other ones they do are rather higher in calories and / or fat however.
I sometimes buy the fruit selection (2 for £3) as they feel like a treat.  They can be very nice though it's an expensive way to buy fruit of course.
The other item on this table is the Marks and Sencers 'Count on Us' Thai red chicken curry snackpot.  Delicious, but I haven't seen them lately in the shops.  Each pot contains 270 calories and 6.3 g of fat and when I bought them they were on a deal (I think it was 2 for £4 but could be wrong).
Organising lunch is essential to my new lifestyle.  I only get 30 mins at work and if I have to run down the shop I'm starving and in a hurry so I  usually spend lots and buy something that is calorific and expensive. I used to live on sandwiches - with fruit or a yoghurt - but I reckon they were often double the calories and I didn't feel I'd had a proper meal as I bolted them down.  Nowadays I heat up my 'pot meal', pour it into a bowl then sit down and enjoy it.  I find it satisfying and I don't nibble any more.
Now the summer is coming (perhaps), I may switch to salads at work, but having spent  while looking at the labels of 'convenience salads', I know I need to be careful.  I know I could make my own and take it in - and I will sometimes - but on the whole I lack the time and the incentive to do this on a daily basis!

No comments:

Post a Comment