Saturday 14 May 2011

The diet that worked!

I have lost a lot of weight and I'm really thrilled about it!
When I started this diet - the most recent of about a hundred - I didn't really think it would fare much better than any of the others, although I hoped it would.
Like many people I started it in the New Year. Also like many people I was shocked and upset when I first stood on the scales and discovered what I weighed...
This was taken in Turkey in summer 2010 and has been hidden in my photo pages on my computer ever since, causing me to shudder when I've come across it. But I knew it would be useful some day!
I want to enjoy being in and looking at family photos of holidays and other special events and this was not the case here! I loved the holiday but hated the pics, not surprisingly.
This picture was taken in April 2011 when I had lost around 30 pounds. I was happy to be snapped here! I've lost another 7 pounds or so since.
My life has changed since January.  I feel I have taken control of myself and realised 
I have to do this for me!!!!
Yes, this is my life, my body and I'm learning to love myself  and be what I want to be. Since starting the diet my expectations have grown, my goals are more fantastic and I'm feeling so much more positive.  Here's what has caused this transformation!
  • I booked a summer holiday and I want to look good and feel good for that.
  • Time is passing: children are growing up and moving away.  Special events together are becoming rarer and I want to enjoy them and the memory of them.
  • I am using my 'weight loss journey' as an opportunity to treat myself.  I eat well (but less), exercise with activities I enjoy and reward myself  frequently!
  • My 'weight loss journey' / diet and exercise programme are really lifestyle changes.  I love my new lifestyle so I know it works!
  • I ignore the crap - the doubters, the disheartening and unkind comments, the traps that can be so easy to fall into.  I listen to people who know what I'm going through such as Spark People and to friends and family who encourage me.
  • I want more from life and I am determined to follow my dreams.
Anyway, in my blog title I mentioned sausages.  Strangely, these are a really important aspect of my diet! Sausages for breakfast have always been a (rare) treat for me. Since January I have kept in a supply of quorn sausages and most mornings I have my favourite breakfast of sausages and tomato, with mustard and a piece of nimble toast.  So yummy and  only around 250 calories.  I love 'em and it gets my day off to a brilliant start!




No comments:

Post a Comment