Saturday 3 September 2011

Back on the Bike

This summer has been my most fantastic for years - for lots of reasons.  I felt fitter, happier and more in control.  I went places and did things I love with lots of very special people and I think we all really enjoyed ourselves - I know I did.  Over the last few weeks I've done loads of cycling and  fully intend to do lots more!  I know it makes a big difference to getting myself fit and enabling me to eat some of the food I really like.

The other day Dave and I cycled 22 km to the top of Ditchling Beacon (one of the highest points in Sussex at 240m or there abouts.)  It was really knackering, but I felt great afterwards and can't wait to try it again.
















I used the map your route app on Spark people, which I find really useful - although it doesn't (yet) work out calories used going up hills!    However, it still reckoned I'd used over 900 calories - which I can believe.
















Thinking about it, we took a wrong turning at one point and had a lovely freewheel down a hill, then having to climb back up again (not so great, but good for me!!!)  So I think that means I can say I used those 900 calories ignoring the large 99 I ate when I got to the Beacon.

I don't think an ice cream has ever tasted so good.

I want to start thinking of my next goal, which I would like to be another holiday although quite how I'll pay for it is another question.  At the moment I'm trying to do 10 competitions a day (with holiday prizes).  I don't usually win stuff but you never know!



No comments:

Post a Comment