Monday 19 September 2011

New goals at the Seagulls Amex Stadium

Monday morning and I wasn't at work!  No I was at the brand new Amex Stadium in Falmer, Brighton - the home of the Seagulls - and a fantastic place it is too! The sun shone and life was good.

It was also meant to be a day that showed my determination, stiff upper lip and general ability to reach my goals and win in the weight loss war (yeah!)  So why is it then when you go out on a trip, even when the trip is only 5 minutes away from home, the first thing you want to do when you get there is eat your packed lunch?  I felt so hungry, despite a good 'how to be slim and still eat sausages breakfast' of quorn sausages, tomatoes and toast.  And so did everyone else.
We were on a special sporty day playing football, hockey, rugby and rounders - brilliant idea and
almost guarenteed to help the pounds fall off - were it not for the fact that it was the young students I was with who were doing the sports while I stood and watched...
But:
  • I did not start nibbling - I waited until I could sit down in the stands and have my lunch - Goal!
  • I kept away from those extra sandwiches and crisps... Goal!!
  • I felt motivated enough to take the long, uphill  50 minute walk home afterwards... Goal!!!          
 

Ok, there were a few lapses afterward.... but I'm going to feel proud of myself.  I really think that thinking yourself slimmer is half the answer.  They say 'you are what you eat', but I also think' you are what you think you are'.   Not profound, but I think it's true...


    No comments:

    Post a Comment