Monday 19 November 2012

The Trouble with Diets

The trouble with diets

I'm ok eating breakfast, I'm ok with my lunch
It's when it gets to 4 o'clock I really start to munch.
I start with something healthy – an apple or a pear,
And then I might look in the fridge and try a morsel there.

A cup of tea's quite helpful, no calories in that
Just lemon and some water that will not make me fat.
But then I'll add a piece of bread, with low fat spread, of course
It's just the lump of cheese on top which brings on the remorse...

And if it's cold and dark and grey as winter tends to be
I'll turn to a nice bowl of soup, quite comforting to me
That could be pretty healthy – warm and fill me too
But with added cream and croutons I'm not sure that it's true.

So then I'll go out for a jog to keep the food away
I know that I must find ways that keep nibbling at bay
But as I pass the shops I think that since I've come this far
I should reward my efforts with a little chocolate bar

Home again, determined, another cup of tea
No milk or sugar just a slice of lemon there for me!
I've had enough to eat today if I want to get slimmer
But then my daughter says to me “Mum, what is for dinner?”



No comments:

Post a Comment